The Many Benefits of Dance…
For parents, the benefits and life skills your child will be gaining from attending dance classes and being part of a dance school are huge!
- Social. Having a group of friends separate to your school friends is really valuable. Here at JC Dance we also focus on each class feeling like they are a team and all of our show dances emphasise this element.
- Memory. For a child’s first Ballet exam (generally at 6 years old) they will re call and perform 11 exercises, for children learning Ballet, Modern and Tap it could be around 30 different exercises in total!
- Sense of Achievement. Dance is a precise skill and as all of our 4+ year old classes follow syllabi, children are able to practice and perfect specific steps or exercises and in time, feel that sense of achievement at mastering something that was once confusing and difficult. Additionally, whether it is taking an exam, performing in our show, or demonstrating an exercise in class; receiving praise and encouragement for the effort they have given also provides dancers with a great sense of achievement.
- Personal Presentation. All of our classes have specific uniform requirements and we encourage children to attend classes looking neat and tidy, ready to dance.
- Physical. Dance is of course a physical activity and contributes brilliantly to a child’s cardio vascular fitness as well as flexibility, co ordination, balance, spatial awareness and gross and fine motor skills.
- Tenacity, Discipline and Focus At times, dance IS hard. Moving up a grade, or starting Pointe Work, or starting a new subject and needing to catch up with others – it’s hard! However, progress only comes with persistence and perseverance and children learn (hopefully) through dance to understand this.
- Arts Appreciation. We would encourage any of our pupils to see live dance, or theatre whenever they can; it is utterly inspiring! Through our show, we are able to offer a mix of musical genres and themes to introduce children to different classical Ballet’s, Musicals or Musicians.
- Memories , aka #makingmemories; for parent and child! Backstage show fun, performances, exams, charity events, rehearsals, theatre trips and more!
Here at JC Dance, we cater for anyone who wants to dance, regardless of whether they see it as a career goal or hobby. For a parent who says “they’ll never be a dancer” – you never know! However if they don’t, you do not need to worry that the time and money you have invested into their hobby has been ill spent as it will have contributed positively to many areas of their physical and emotional development.